Effective Date: February 10, 2022
NOTE: HIA’s Notice of Privacy Practices governs how protected health information about you may be used and disclosed by HIA.
3. Types of Information We Collect
HIA collects personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information through your interactions with HIA and the Websites.
The personally identifiable information that HIA may collect about you may include, without limitation, your first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, password, gender, credit or debit card number, or other payment method, billing and shipping information, order history and preferences, and geolocation. If you participate in any surveys provided through the Websites, we also may collect your demographic information such as your preferences and interests, income, education level, occupation, marital status, homeowner status, and other such relevant information. If you create an online account with HIA and designate an adult caregiver as an authorized user of your online account or if you have a legal guardian (each, a "Caregiver"), we also may collect information provided to us regarding the Caregiver, such as the Caregiver's first and last name, and email address.
The non-personally identifiable information that HIA collects about you is aggregated or otherwise does not link to personal contact information, and may include, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your internet service provider, Collection Technology information (as described below), the type of device you use, the operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Mac OS or Google Chrome OS), the type and version of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari), your browsing history and your activities while visiting the Websites and the content you access or view when using same, the time of your visit, the pages you visit and the time spent, your general geographic location such as the city from which your device is connecting to the Internet, information regarding the Websites you visit prior to and after visiting the Website, and aggregated information regarding your precise or approximate geolocation, your age, gender and interests with respect to products and services.
4. How We Collect Information
HIA and/or its Service Providers (defined below) may collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to HIA through your interactions with the Websites, such as:
- Signing up for an email newsletter through the Websites;
- Registering/signing up for classes, seminars, meetings or other events;
- Filling out an online form on the Websites to request information;
- Contacting HIA customer service or support, or providing feedback to HIA;
- Creating an online account on any of the Websites;
- Participation in voluntary web surveys; and
- Placing an order or transacting business with HIA or its Service Providers.
HIA and/or its Service Providers may collect non-personally identifiable information through your accessing, using and browsing of the Websites, and other online or mobile interactions with HIA and the Websites, in a variety of ways, such as:
- server log files, which automatically record certain non-personally identifiable information on server logs;
- cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs, tags and other technologies that collect information in similar ways ("Collection Technology"), which may store a piece of data on your browser or device, or may identify, compile, aggregate and/or collect information through other means;
- other information that you voluntarily provide, if the portion of such information that personally identifies you or any other user is removed and/or if the information is aggregated ("De-Identified Data"); and
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., as described below.
When you visit the Websites, your browser or device may be exposed to Collection Technology which may be stored on your browser or device. You may delete and/or refuse the use of certain Collection Technology by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or device. You may use the Websites even if you choose to refuse or delete such Collection Technology; however, please note that this may affect your ability to use the full functionality of the Websites.
HIA may combine or verify information collected or acquired through the Websites with information you provide in your offline interactions with HIA, or share with other sites or social media pages; or with information about you in third party data. If the combined or verified information permits us to contact you online or offline, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
5. Do Not Track Setting
HIA does not alter the practices detailed herein based upon your selection of the “Do Not Track” setting or other “opt out” settings or features that may be offered by your browser; however, HIA reserves the right to do so in the future.
6. How We Use Information We Collect
HIA may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with access to your online account; improve your web experience; complete your registration to participate in classes, seminars, meetings and other events; provide you with support, care coordination, and referrals to services offered by others; administer surveys and analyze responses; send you newsletters or information or contact you via e-mail, postal mail or telephone about your requests for information, our services, offers and news that may be of interest to you, and participation in classes, seminars, meetings and other events; respond to your communications; communicate with you about our services and other services that may be of interest to you; contact your Caregiver; provide you with customer service and support; and attend to tasks relating to your transactions with HIA and to promote, monitor and improve HIA's services.
HIA may use your non-personally identifiable information in any way it wishes, including, without limitation, to administer and improve the Websites and how we communicate with members; analyze website trends and how the Websites are used; improve navigation of the Websites; analyze the performance of the Websites and diagnose problems; analyze and improve the products and services we offer; analyze and develop advertisements and advertising campaigns; and provide you with special offers and promotions and determine their effectiveness.
HIA may use third party partners that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising or the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out, which allow consumers to opt-out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking. For more information regarding the foregoing, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed . Please note that even if HIA’s third party partners participate in these programs, if you opt out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking, you still may receive standard advertisements from us and targeted advertisements from third parties. You may need to re-click the links and follow the instructions provided again if you delete cookies or other Collection Technology or use a different computer, device or browser.
7. Disclosures to Third Parties
The Site also may contain plugins for social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We recommend that you review the privacy policies that apply to these plugins, prior to clicking on such plugins.
8. Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
HIA cannot guarantee the security of the information on and sent from the Websites or by email. HIA uses reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorized access. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of HIA to intercept or access transmissions or servers unlawfully. While we strive to protect personally identifiable information, neither HIA nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk. HIA is not responsible for the acts and omissions of any third parties.
9. Correcting or Removing Your Personally Identifiable Information
To correct or remove your information gathered by HIA through the Websites, please contact:
Healthcare in Action, P.C.
Attn: Member Services
3800 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90806
10. Permission for HIA's Communications With You
You give HIA permission to transmit email, texts, push notifications or postal mail to you or to telephone you. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email or text.
- If you receive an email from HIA and want to unsubscribe, please let us know by following the applicable instructions that are included in the email you received. Please note that unsubscribe requests for promotional e-mails may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective.
- If you provide a phone number to HIA, you agree that you are the authorized user of that number and that you may receive text messages and telephone calls from HIA and its associates, including but not limited to artificial or pre-recorded messages, or via an automatic telephone dialing system, even if your phone number is on a Do Not Call Registry. Calls to HIA may be recorded and monitored. You are not required to receive text messages or calls from HIA as a condition (directly or indirectly) of membership with the health plan or to use the HIA websites. Text messages sent by HIA may be recurring and on-going unless you select to opt out; message and data rates may apply (check with your carrier).
You may not decline to receive or unsubscribe from communications regarding your transactions, dealings with HIA or the Websites, or technical information about the Websites.
11. Permitted Users
The Websites are directed to persons 18 years of age or older, and are not directed to persons under 18 years old. The Websites and HIA do not knowingly collect information from persons under age 18.
13. Governing Law
Personally identifiable information collected through the Websites and other aspects of HIA’s business may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which HIA or its affiliates, subsidiaries or Service Providers maintain facilities. By using the Websites, you expressly consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
14. Contact Us